Byron Bay Writers’ Festival // Publicity and Public Relations Manager // 2012
The Byron Bay Writers’ Festivalis widely regarded as one of Australia’s premier literary events. 2012 was a pivotal year for the Festival.
In her role as Publicity and Public Relations Manager Rachel was responsible for :
- developing a Publicity and Public Relations Plan, including undertaking a situational analysis, establishing core communication objectives and executing an integrated cross media public relations campaign for the 2012 Festival.
- focusing on strengthening the festivals position as a leading literary festival of national significance, building national brand profile, building awareness in the wider region, establishing relationships with key new target media and building on strategic alliances with partners and key stakeholders.
The campaign included :
- over 100 radio and TV broadcast placements, including multiple daily coverage on ABC Radio North Coast, weekly coverage on ABC Gold Coast and other local community radio stations during, and in the lead up to, the Festival.
- a dedicated 2.5 hour ABC outside broadcast live from the Festival, along with strategically selected extended ABC regional and national radio interviews including multiple placements on In Conversation with Richard Fidler, Books and Arts Daily, Life Matters and By Design.
- managing on site film crews for ABC, Prime Seven and NBN regional news, and negotiating strategic placements with ABC’s Q&A and Lateline.
- over 250 pieces of print and online editorial and advertorial placed locally, regionally and nationally, including coverage in The Australian, the Sydney Morning Herald, The Age, the Brisbane Courier Mail, Sun Herald, Artshub, Virgin and Jetstar Inflights and Readers Digest.