Byron Bay International Film Festival // Media Manager // 2012
The Byron Bay International Film Festival is an independent awards-based film event. The Festival attracts international filmmakers, directors, producers, prominent members of Australia’s film industry and a wealth of appreciative audience members.
In her role Rachel was responsible for:
- planning, developing and executing an integrated cross media public relations campaign for the 2012 Festival.
- focusing on key marketing and audience development objectives, the campaign aimed to retain our existing audience through a broad Festival promotion and publicity campaign, whilst developing new audiences in targeted segments.
Highlights of the campaign included:
- multiple daily coverage on ABC Radio North Coast and other local community radio stations during, and in the lead up to, the Festival.
- a dedicated 2 hour ABC outside broadcast from an international filmmakers breakfast, along with strategically selected extended ABC regional and national radio interviews.
- key film reviews and filmmaker interviews on SBS radio and SBS online, TV coverage on both Prime Seven and NBN regional news, and over 200 pieces of print and online editorial and advertorial placed locally, regionally and nationally.