Arts Northern Rivers // Communications and Arts Development Officer // 2012-2013
Arts Northern Rivers (ANR) is the peak body for the arts and cultural sector in northern New South Wales, Australia. ANR works at a regional, state and national level to support sustainable arts and creative industries development.
In her role Rachel was responsible for:
- developing and delivering innovative marketing strategies for the organisation.
- providing effective communications systems to support arts and cultural development in the region. liaising with local, state and national media outlets and developing strategies for promoting the work of Arts Northern Rivers to the region and beyond.
- delivering the organisation’s creative industry projects program including identifying potential funding streams, preparing grant applications and submitting reports and acquittals to various funding bodies.
- collaborating with key industry organisations in the northern rivers’ region.
- initiated, developed and delivered a new weekly ANR column for the Northern Star, which was subsequently syndicated across five other Australian Regional Media (APN) newspapers.
- initiated, developed and produced a new fortnightly ANR ‘Northern Rivers Creative’ segment for ABC North Coast radio.
- strategically developed and creatively directed ANR’s web identity, and implemented a social media acquisition campaign resulting in a significant increase in profile across all platforms.
- initiated and delivered a functionality review of all communications and marketing activities, and the platforms from which they were delivered, which informed a total communications and marketing restructure.